A visa to Vietnam can be applied at the Consulate of Vietnam as early as six months prior to the date of travel.
The application can be submitted in-person, by mail, by e-mail or via a messenger service (the applicant does not necessarily need to be at the Consulate in-person).
US passport holders must obtain a valid Vietnamese Visa to be able to enter the country.
The Consulate in New York accepts applications from all 50 States in the US and applications of foreign passport holders.
You do not have to book for an appointment to visit the Consulate for submission of your application.
1. The application includes 2 items:
- Original passport (with at least 01 month’s validity after the Date of Expiration of the visa and/or 06 months’ validity to meet airlines’ requirements. The Expiration of the visa will be 1/3/6 months after the Date of Entry) for the visa to be stamped on. If you can not send the original passport, a loose-leaf visa can be requested. 01 clear color copy of the passport’s personal detail page is submitted with a seperate passport-sized picture. The loose-leaf visa then needed to be stapled to the passport.
* The proposed date of entry is the date your visa will be valid from. The visa will expires 1/3/6 months after this date. There are different fees for 1, 3 or 6 months visa. You can enter and exit the country on any date within this time window of 1/3/6-months. It is not possible to enter or exit out of the above mentioned time frame printed on the visa.
* A change of date of entry (starting date for the visa to be effective from) can be made by bringing the valid un-used visa to the Consulate, re-submitting the form and paying a partial visa fee. The processing time is less than 30 minutes.
- For all regular tourism, business and personal visits, upon requested, applications can be processed instantly and the visa can be issued on the same day of receipt.
- For applying for a Vietnam visa by e-mail. Documents need to be sent to the Consulate's email (firstname.lastname@example.org): Copy/picture of your passports personal detail page, electric color picture and completed visa application form. In addition, please inform your mailing address for the visa to be mailed back to you. For the payment, please provide your DEBIT card number and the DEBIT card's expiration date.
2. Processing time:
- Standard processing: 3 - 5 business days.
- Expedited processing: Applicants have options to request for EXPEDITING SERVICE if the travel date is approaching or the original passports has to be sent to other Consulates for visa application.
3. For the visa to be returned by mail, a prepaid and self-addressed envelope must be enclosed.
4. Fees can be paid by DEBIT Card, or paid in the form of MONEY ORDER / CASHIER’S CHECK to “THE CONSULATE OF VIET NAM IN NEW YORK”. Cash is accepted for in-person-applications. Extra fee is requested for expedited processing. For EXPEDITING SERVICE request, fees must be in form of CASH / MONEY ORDER / CERTIFIED CHECKS.
5. Upon receiving your visa, KINDLY DOUBLE CHECK all the information on your visa. In case of inaccurate information, please inform the Consulate immediately for correction or adjustment. The Consulate shall not take responsibility for any in inaccurate information on your visa once you leave the Consulate.Please double check all information on visa issued by the Consulate prior to your departure. In case of mistake(s), please contact the Consulate immediately for correction.
For more information, please contact our Consuls:
- Business hours: 09:00 to 17:30, all weekdays
- Telephone: 212-644-0831; 212-644-2535;
- Fax: 212-644-5732
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 866 U.N. Plaza, Suite 435, New York, NY 10017
visa vietnam viet nam visa embassy dc nyc ny requirements for visa to vietnam authentication of paper application travel vietnam visa business visa