A VISA to Vietnam can be applied at the Embassy / Consulate of Vietnam as early as six months prior to the date of travel:
1. The application includes:
- Original passport (with at least 01 month’s validity after the Date of Expiration of the visa and/or 06 months’ validity to meet airlines’ requirements. The Expiration of the visa will be 1/3/6 months after the Date of Entry).
- In case of urgency, a loose-leaf visa can be requested: 01 clear color copy of the passport’s personal detail page is submitted instead of the original passport. The loose-leaf visa then needed to be stapled to the passport.
- Application form (attached below): The form must be duly completed, signed and attached with 01 original photo (2 x 2 inches). For loose-leaf-visa request, an additional photo is stapled (Application form can be downloaded below).
- For all regular tourism and business visits: upon requested, applications can be processed instantly and the visa can be issued on the same day of receipt.
- For visiting guests, official/immediate family members or staff of UN/International Organizations/Foreign Embassies/Consulates in Viet Nam: the host organization in Viet Nam will send a note to the Consular Department – Ministry of Foreign Affairs, requesting for the visa to be available at the Consulate of Viet Nam in New York.
- For visiting guests of Vietnamese Government agencies, Vietnamese political/social organizations, guests of the President, Government, National Assembly, Minister/Vice-Minister, Provincial Chairman/Deputy-Chairman …: the host organization in Viet Nam will arrange for the visa to be available at the Consulate of Viet Nam in New York.
- For visiting guests of NGOs, Universities, research/non-profit organizations and all others organizations/persons in Viet Nam: the host organization/person will submit application at the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security (and relevant supervising organizations, eg. PACCOM for NGOs) for the visa to be available at the Consulate of Viet Nam in New York.
2. Turn-around time:
- Standard processing: 3 - 5 business days.
- Applicants have options to request for EXPEDITED processing (SAME-DAY of NEXT-DAY) if the travel date is close or the original passports has to be sent to other Consulates for visa application.
3. For the visa to be returned by mail, a prepaid and self-addressed envelope must be enclosed.
4. Fees can be paid in the form of MONEY ORDER / CASHIER’S CHECK / PERSONAL CHECK to “THE CONSULATE OF VIET NAM IN NEW YORK”. Cash is accepted for in-person-applications. Extra fee is requested for expedited processing.
For more information, please contact:
- Business hours: From 09:00 to 17:30, all weekdays
- Telephone: 212-644-0594, 212-644-0831; 212-644-2535;
- Fax: 212-644-5732
- Website: www.vnconsul-ny.org ; vietnamconsulate-ny.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 866 U.N. Plaza, Suite 428, New York, NY 10017
Key words: visa vietnam, visa viet nam, vietnamese visa, viet nam visa, visa to viet nam, viet nam visa in new york, viet nam visa embassy